Sunday, April 3, 2011

Camp 6 at Pt. Defiance

Cindi and I visited the Camp 6 Logging museum at Pt. Defiance this afternoon with some great friends. Camp 6 covers Washington State’s logging and railroad history from the 1880’s through the 1940’s.

My friend introduced me to a new a new photography  imaging called high-dynamic-range imaging (HDR). It is a set of techniques that allow a greater dynamic range of luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques or photographic methods.

Here are some shots from the day....






7 comments:

cdteodoro said...

Great Shots John. Looks like you got the software figured out. I did not know you had taken a bracketed shot of the conductor guy. I only took one shot and had to the use the RAW trick I was telling you about to get it to work for HDR.

John Pleau said...

I really am liking the HDR software. Thanks for the help!

Dennis Pleau said...

I loaded it up and tried it on some bracked photos I had. I need to shoot pictures specificly for using HDR.

John Pleau said...

Make sure you are just bracketing the exposure...not aperture

Let me know how it goes!

Dennis Pleau said...

I use bracketing all the time. Dads camera doesn't have the bracketing feature or at least I can't find it in the book.

Lynda said...

John, these shots are amazing. I'm going to try and figure out how to do this...may have questions. Do you use a tripod?

John Pleau said...

Hi Linda,

No tripod. You will just need to hold your camera steady. The softwaremis called photomatix and you can download a trial version for free. The only difference is you will have the Photomatix watermark in each picture.

Have fun!